Frequently Asked Questions
Denihan Hospitality Group takes our corporate responsibility seriously. That’s one reason we are pleased to be a part of the “Hospitality for Hope” and “Safe Stay” initiatives recently launched by the national hotel industry to provide hope and enhanced cleaning hotel practices and workplace protocols to meet the challenges presented by COVID-19. Learn more.
COVID – 19
With over fifty years in the New York Hospitality industry, Denihan Hospitality is dedicated to the health and wellbeing of every guest and associate and we have always maintained the most rigorous cleaning standards across all properties. With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, we are in constant communication with American Hotel Lodging Association (AHLA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and are following their strict guidance regarding this matter.
Specific steps our hotels are taking include:
- Public Space sanitization teams in lobby to disinfect all touch points on a regular basis.
- Focus on increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the front desk check-in, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and room keys.
- As a precaution, we have closed meeting rooms, fitness centers and other publicly shared amenity space currently not accessible to guests or employees until sanitation protocols are established.
- Associates utilizing EPA registered antimicrobial products for cleaning all touchpoints/surfaces.
- Antimicrobial soap accessible in all public restrooms.
- Sanitizing stations installed on each floor of properties and in public spaces.
- Protection screens are installed at Front Desk computer stations with space allocated for transfer of documents, keys, etc.
- Additional cleaning and sanitation measures for all frequently used equipment.
- Social distancing guidelines posted in each hotel lobby/elevator/back of house areas.
- Full health and safety training sessions provided to staff by GCG Risk Management (http://www.gcgriskmanagement.com/).
- PPE including masks and gloves provided to all associates and they are required to wear them.
- If an employee feels ill, he or she will stay at home and consult a doctor. If at any point a guest feels ill, our staff will provide immediate assistance.
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. For the most updated information, please refer to the American Hotel Lodging Association and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Check-in time is 3PM, check-out is at 12PM.
Hotel cancellation policies vary based upon rate—contact us for more information.
We offer complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby and all guest rooms.
Chef Daniel Boulud brings incredible dining to The Surrey with Café Boulud. There’s also Bar Pleiades, which has an inspired cocktail menu. We provide in-room dining at any hour, courtesy of Café Boulud.
Monday to Friday: 7AM – 10:30AM
Saturday and Sunday: 8AM – 10:30AM
Saturday: 11:30PM – 2:30PM
Sunday: 11:30am – 3PM
Monday to Friday: 12PM – 2:30PM
Monday: 5:30PM – 10PM
Tuesday-Thursday: 5:30pm – 10:30PM
Friday and Saturday: 5PM – 10:30PM
Sunday: 5PM – 10PM
Our seasonal Private Roof Garden overlooks the Upper East Side and Central Park from the 17th floor. The panoramic Manhattan views are accompanied by light food and signature cocktails from the classic New York City rooftop bar—most notably, seasonal muddled lemonades. The rooftop is open seasonally to guests and members of the Patrons Club.
The hotel features two specialty suites: our Penthouse and Presidential Suites.
The Surrey is a smoke-free environment. Smoking in your room will result in a daily $400 fine.
Yes, our Cornelia Spa is an intimate pied-a-terre-style luxury spa within The Surrey. If you would like to make an appointment or inquire about one of our treatments, please contact the spa at 646.358.3600
Our 24-hour fitness center is located on the 2nd floor. We provide treadmills, ellipticals, stair climbers, exercise bikes, yoga mats and free weights for guest use. Hand towels, water and headphones are also available.
Pets are always welcome at The Surrey and invited to utilize our Posh Pets program. There is a $250 one-time non-refundable pet cleaning fee per stay.
The Surrey offers a wide variety of seasonal and hotel-based promotions and special offers, which are updated regularly—visit the Special Offers page to learn more.
Valet parking is $75 per 24-hour period for cars, $85 for SUVs. In-and-out privileges are not included.
Our Residence Fee is $35 plus tax per room, per night, and provides the following amenities:
- $10 daily minibar credit (cannot be rolled over)
- Morning tea & coffee in the lobby
- Daily 20% off spa services at Cornelia Spa
- High speed Wi-Fi access across the hotel for unlimited devices
- Unlimited local and domestic long distance calls
- Shoeshine services
- 24/7 access to our fitness center
- Daily turndown service
- In-room bottled water
- Use of the house car within 10 blocks of the hotel
Our suites afford additional space, a separate living room and soaking tubs.